Jeffrey M. Carder
Jeffrey Carder is an Associate in Bailey & Wyant, PLLC's Charleston office. He focuses his practice in West Virginia workers' compensation and successfully litigated several workers' compensation claims before the Office of Judges and the Workers' Compensation Board of Review, as well as winning several claims before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals. In addition to regularly arguing before the West Virginia Workers' Compensation Office of Judges, the West Virginia Board of Review, and the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, Jeffrey devotes much of his time to traveling the country conducting training courses and seminars to claims adjusters on how to properly administer claims in West Virginia. He teaches an introductory Workers' Compensation 101 course, and even offers more advance courses on subjects such as managing time standards and passing Insurance Commission audits. He has most recently been made a pathfinder for the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity.
- J.D.– West Virginia University College of Law, 2013
- B.A.– Fairmont State University,Summa Cum Laude, 2002
- West Virginia State Bar
- United States District Court for Southern District of WV
- Workers' Compensation
- General Civil Litigation
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- Maxum Petroleum Operating Co. v. Waugh, No. 16-0741, 2017 W. Va. LEXIS 593 (July 6, 2017)
- Messer v. Arch Coal, No. 17-0853, 2018 W. Va. LEXIS 55 (Jan. 25, 2018)
- White v. Dent Construction, Inc., No. 17-0498, 2017 W. Va. LEXIS 1068 (Dec. 19, 2017)
- O'Dell v. Sears Roebuck & Co., No. 16-0387, 2017 W. Va. LEXIS 188 (Mar. 30, 2017)
- Harris v. Ashton Med. Assocs., No. 16-0908, 2017 W. Va. LEXIS 588 (July 6, 2017)
- Sprinkle v. Quad/Graphics, Inc., No. 17-0217, 2017 W. Va. LEXIS 1030 (Nov. 22, 2017)
- Robertson v. Apex Pipeline Servs., No. 17-1057, 2018 W. Va. LEXIS 322 (May 7, 2018).