Lakyn D. Cecil
Lakyn D. Cecil is originally from New Martinsville, West Virginia. She attended college at West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia where she graduated cum laude and earned a Bachelor of Arts in Criminology with a double minor in Forensic and Investigative Sciences and Biology. Lakyn earned her J.D. from West Virginia University College of Law with a concentration in Employment and Labor Law in 2020.
While in law school, Lakyn was President of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society and Vice President of Health Law and WV Employment Lawyers Association Student Chapter. She also graduated law school with Community Service Honors and Pro Bono Distinction.
Lakyn gained legal experience through her legal internships with Gold, Khourey & Turak, the United States Attorney's Office Northern District of West Virginia, Mon Health System, and WVU Health System. After graduation, Lakyn joined Bailey & Wyant, PLLC's Wheeling office as an Associate.
- J.D.- West Virginia University College of Law, 2020
- B.A.- West Virginia University, 2017
- Ohio State Bar
- West Virginia Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Labor Employment Law Section of Ohio State Bar
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- American Health Law Association
- Civil Litigation
- Real Estate
- Probate and Estate
- Wills and Trusts
- Oil and Gas
- Lakyn Cecil & Juan Pittaluga, M.D., Needle Exchange Programs, 116 W. Va. Med. J. 21 (2020).
- Anne Marie Lofaso & Lakyn D. Cecil, Say “No” to Discrimination, “Yes” to Accommodation; Why States Should Prohibit Discrimination of Workers Who Use Cannabis for Medical Purposes, 43 Seattle Univ. Law Rev. (2020).